Repairs and Warranty
The details of your Wintec warranty are set out below.
In addition, to your rights under the Wintec warranty, we also provide the following statement as required by Australian Consumer Law: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Terms and conditions
- Your warranty becomes effective from the date of purchase of your Wintec saddle.
- Please provide proof of purchase, the original purchase receipt and your warranty card.
- A repair or replacement under your Wintec warranty will not extend your Wintec guarantee period.
- Your Wintec warranty can be processed through any official Wintec saddles stockist world-wide.
What is covered under the Wintec Warranty
- We will repair or replace your Wintec saddle (or part thereof) at no cost, if found to have a breakage in the tree for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase. Please note, the the Wintec Western saddle tree is covered for a period of five years.
- We will repair or replace your Wintec saddle (or part thereof) at no cost, if found to have faulty materials or workmanship within two years of the date of purchase. Please note if your saddle has been sold as a factory second, discontinued or prototype model, then this does not apply, and you are not covered for faulty materials or workmanship.
What is not covered under the Wintec Warranty
- Normal wear and tear.
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use, lack of care or neglect.
- Use of the saddle for anything other than equestrian pursuits.
- Use of parts or accessories other than those produced or recommended for use with and in a Wintec saddle.
- Repairs or alterations carried out by third parties not in accordance with our recommendations.
- The fit of the saddle itself.
If you believe you have a claim you will need to:
- Contact us or your nearest Wintec retailer to discuss your concerns.
- Take your warranty card, your original purchase receipt and the saddle to your nearest Wintec retailer.
- Your retailer will then be able to assist in assessing whether your saddle has a defect covered under our manufacturer warranty.
- Thereafter the retailer will then liaise with Wintec in relation to the warranty claim on your behalf.
NB. Wintec Saddles products are manufactured using high-quality, durable and weatherproof materials for longevity and ease of use and care. It is however vitally important to understand that every product has a maximum lifetime which will be affected by a number of factors including the environment, frequency of use and care. It is every rider's responsibility to regularly check their tack, particularly any safety related items such as stirrup straps, Webbers, girths and girth points for signs of excessive wear and tear. Any tack involved in an accident or showing signs of excessive wear and tear such as fraying, torn holes or cracking should be replaced immediately for the safety of both you and your horse.
If you are in need of a replacement spare part please contact one of our stockists for pricing and availability.